Although our mission statement of “Internally Nurturing, Externally Serving” has only been in use a few years, the underlying concepts go back a long way. In 1871 a group of young girls in our church formed an organization called the Working Band. These young ladies did odd jobs and service projects to raise money to send girls in Africa to mission schools. Fourteen years later, in 1885, when our current sanctuary was being constructed, the Working Band had earned enough extra cash to pay for a small stained glass window, that bears their name today.
Going back for generations, our congregation has been very intentional about supporting God’s work beyond our local community, in our nation, and around the world. We are proud to be a part of some very worthwhile mission projects.