To assist Session in planning and carrying out the education program of the church.
The Director of Christian Education is desired to have:
a. A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in religion and education.
b. Excellent interpersonal skills.
c. Experience in Christian education including educating students ages 12 and under.
d. Demonstrated ability in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers.
e. Skill in helping set program direction, prioritizing among multiple tasks, maintaining channels of communication, and working as a member of a team.
f. Proficiency in oral and written communication.
1. Assist Session in reviewing and, if necessary, revising the educational philosophy and program of the congregation.
2. Coordinate the K-12 Bible Study/Sunday School, Wednesday night K-8 programming, and Vacation Bible School. Support middle school/high school program, and adult education programs.
3. Be present for the Wednesday evening program, Sunday School, worship, and for selected committee meetings.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a 19 hour-per-week, a part-time position requiring
1. A background check prior to employment
2. A 90-day probationary status
3. Calendar mid-August through mid-June
4. Salary: $20,000/year
5. Continuing education: $500 annually
The Director of Christian Education is hired by the Session, supervised by the Pastor/Head of Staff, works with appropriate committees, and has access to the Session through the Pastor and then the Personnel Committee.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com or to FPC Marion 802 12th Street Marion, IA 52404
This position is open immediately.