Director of Christian Education
FPC Marion is looking for a full-time leader with a joyful desire to foster the religious and spiritual formation of children and adults. This includes Sunday morning and Wednesday evening hours during the school year. The schedule can be flexible and vary seasonally to include mission trips or other types of activities. All candidates should understand and demonstrate Christian principles in their daily life.
We are seeking a self-motivated leader, skilled at working with all individuals, who can recruit, train and motivate volunteers. Clear oral and written communication skills are essential. Social media and technology skills are preferred.
- Coordinate K-12 Bible Study (Curriculum & Teachers)
- Coordinate Adult Bible Study (Volunteers, small groups, leaders and curriculum)
- Serve on Children’s and Youth Christin Ed Committee
- Oversee events that include but not limited to:
- Easter Party
- Christmas Program
- Senior Recognition Reception
- Harvest Dinner
- Pancake Breakfasts
- Super Bowl Brunch
- Cookie Bake
- Support coordination of Confirmation program (schedule, leaders and curriculum)
- Coordinate/develop mid-week program for K-8 (schedule, leaders and curriculum)
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School (schedule, leaders and curriculum)
- Build connections with the community members for potential outreach opportunities
- Volunteer coordination
- Coordinate mission trips for Youth and Adults
Compensation is salaried and based on experience and education. A degree in a related field is desirable along with any experience with Christian Education and/or Volunteer work.
Please provide your resume and cover letter to [email protected] for review with the Subject of “ATTN: Personnel Committee.”
This position is open immediately.