Current Career Opportunities
Director of Music Ministries
FPC Marion is looking for a part-time music leader with a desire to make joyful noise! This includes planning and coordination of all music programming in support of both the worship service on Sundays and select special services throughout the year.
The Director of Music Ministries should ideally have a degree in music (or equivalent experience). The Director should be a Christian person with a demonstrated ability in working well with others and an understanding of music ministry as an element of the worship life of a congregation.
- Provide support and resources to everyone participating in music programming (vocalists, instrumentalists, directors).
- Participate in the short- and long-term planning of worship and other musical activities in the congregation attending staff meetings, committee meetings, and/or providing written reports as requested.
- Design programming compatible with both in-person and online audiences.
- Select music, hold weekly rehearsals, and direct the Adult Choir and coordinate the Youth/Children’s Choirs.
- Direct Praise Band activities.
- Scheduling of all vocal, instrumental, and bell ensembles participating in the worship service and special services throughout the year.
- Coordinate and consolidate the annual budget requirements for music programming and overall cognizance for administration of expenditures of the approved budget.
- Encourage congregation’s participation in the choir.
- Other duties as agreed upon.
Compensation is salaried and based on experience and education. A degree in music and/or equivalent experience is desired.
Please provide your resume and cover letter to [email protected] for review with the Subject of “ATTN: Personnel Committee.”
This position is open immediately.